keto pumpkin muffins
These keto pumpkin muffins already look amazing, but they’re concealing a sweet secret. Each one is stuffed with cream cheese frosting. This is a fun breakfast idea that you could serve up with some keto coffee.
I know it seems a bit early to be posting a pumpkin-based recipe, but honestly, these are just too good to wait! It feels a bit like having your dessert for breakfast, but they’re high in fat and low in carbs. Even kids gobble these up.
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered erythritol
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix all of the cream cheese filling ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
2. Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin tin with paper liners. You could also use silicone. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
3. Mix in the eggs, pumpkin puree, melted butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Add a spoonful of batter into each muffin well, then use a spoon to create a dent for the cream cheese filling in each muffin. Add spoonfuls of filling to the center of each, then top the muffins with a little more batter.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked in the middle. Allow to cool before removing the muffins from the tray.