Keto Monkey Bread
Keto monkey bread, A traditional dessert, gluten-free monkey bread will warm up your kitchen and smell deliciously like cinnamon. Even on special occasions like Christmas or Thanksgiving, a delicious brunch can be made with this sweet and sticky delight! Most gluten-free monkey bread recipes still utilize sugar and other flours that are heavy in carbohydrates, so this pull-apart bread recipe varies from others in that regard. Due to the low carb nature of this monkey bread recipe, almond flour and sugar-free sweeteners are used. You still get that pillow soft dough with each pull-apart morsel and a delicious sticky buttery caramel coating.
Ingredients for Keto Monkey Bread
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Swerve Granulated Sweetener
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Brown Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- (optional, stir in pecans once the sauce is made)
Making the Dough:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are melted together.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Whisk the almond flour, swerve sweetener, salt, and baking soda together, then add it to the melted cheese and egg mixture.
- Use your hands to kneed the dough until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 24 little dough balls and set aside.
Coat the Dough Balls:
- In a small bowl, stir together the Swerve sweetener and ground cinnamon.
- Dip each dough ball in the melted butter, coat well with the sugar/cinnamon mixture, and place it into a bundt pan.
Cover with Sauce and Bake:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, heavy cream, brown swerve, and salt together over medium-low heat and bring to just a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the sauce over the coated dough balls in the bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the sweet sauce is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes, then turn the monkey bread over onto a serving plate.
NURITIONS: Amount Per Serving 3 balls
Leave a Comment