keto tortillas with almond flour
keto tortillas with almond flour, Have you been missing your favorite tortillas since you started choosing keto-friendly foods? Get back into the game with these wonderfully soft and foldable keto-friendly tortillas. Butter adds to their flavor, but substitute vegetable oil if you’re looking for a dairy-free/vegan option
Ingredients for keto tortillas with almond flour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoon psyllium husks Not psyllium husk powder (See notes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup warm water not boiling (See notes)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your almond flour, psyllium husks, and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add your olive oil and warm water and mix well, until completely combined. Let sit for a minute.
- Gently knead the dough several times, and form a ball of dough. Place the dough on a lightly floured kitchen surface.
- Cut the dough into 4 large or 8 small pieces. Get one piece of dough and place a piece of parchment paper on top. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until thin and flat. Get a large dinner plate or small appetiser plate and place on top of the dough. Using a knife, cut around the edges so you are left with a tortilla.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium and lightly grease. Place the tortilla on top and cook for 2-3 minutes, before flipping and cooking for a further two minutes. Repeat until all the tortillas are cooked
- This must be whole psyllium husks, not the powder form.
- Warm tap water, not hot.
Leave a Comment