keto mexican casserole ground beef
keto mexican casserole ground beef, This tasty and cheesy ground beef casserole is keto and low-carb. One of my easiest ground beef recipes and ready in just 30 minutes, it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
This casserole makes excellent leftovers that taste even better the next day and can be quickly reheated in the microwave.
Ingridient for keto mexican casserole ground beef
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 4 ounce can diced jalapenos, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: additional shredded cheese, additional sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with avocado oil spray. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef, diced peppers, diced onions, jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain well.
- 5. While beef is cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, add salsa, cottage cheese, sour cream, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine ingredients.
- 6. Add salsa mixture to drained ground beef mixture. Stir to combine. Heat over medium high heat until mixture is heated through. Add shredded colby jack cheese. Stir and heat until cheese is melted.
- 7. Add ground beef mixture to prepared 13×9 inch pan.
- 8. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of casserole.
- 9. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
- 10. Top with additional shredded cheese, additional sour cream, diced tomatoes, and sliced black olives if desired.
Leave a Comment