Keto Sausage and Biscuits
Keto Sausage and Biscuits, Looking for an addictive, delicious low carb make-ahead breakfast? Try these Keto Sausage and Biscuits, fulfilling, and super-satisfying, this dish is an easy grab and go keto meal for busy mornings.
Ingredients for Keto Sausage and Biscuits
For the Keto Almond Flour Biscuits:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (scrape the measuring cup out since it is thick, make sure you get ALL of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds breakfast sausage, formed into 12 patties
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir until cream cheese is smooth with no clumps.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and melted butter.
- Stir until combined. Do not overmix or biscuits will be tough.
- Chill the dough 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle almond flour onto a cutting board and turn the dough onto the floured surface. Pat the biscuits to about 1/2 inch thick and use a biscuit cutter or the top of a mason jar to cut out your biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto a greased or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Cook the sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- To assemble slice the warm biscuits in half and add the sausage patty.