Keto naan bread
Keto naan bread is a low-carb alternative to traditional naan bread that is suitable for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. It is made with keto-friendly ingredients that help keep the carb content low.
The main difference between keto naan bread and regular naan bread is the absence of wheat flour, which is high in carbohydrates. Instead, keto naan bread is typically made with a combination of almond flour or coconut flour, These ingredients provide a higher amount of healthy fats, fiber, and protein while keeping the carb content to a minimum.
To prepare keto naan bread, the dry ingredients are first combined and then mixed with yogurt, eggs (or egg whites), and melted butter or ghee. The dough is then kneaded until smooth and elastic. It is important to note that the dough for keto naan bread may differ in texture compared to traditional naan dough due to the absence of gluten.
Once the dough is ready, it is divided into smaller portions and rolled out into thin rounds or oval shapes. These are then cooked on a hot griddle or skillet until lightly browned and crispy on the outside. The naan bread can be brushed with melted butter or ghee and sprinkled with herbs or spices for added flavor.
The resulting keto naan bread has a similar texture to regular naan, with a slightly denser and nuttier taste due to the use of alternative flours. It can be served as a side dish to accompany curries, stews, or enjoyed on its own as a low-carb bread option.
Overall, keto naan bread provides a delicious alternative to traditional naan bread for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet, offering a healthier option that is both satisfying and flavorful.
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C). Line an extra large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and Greek yogurt in a large bowl. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and stirrable to be smooth. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. (You can also use a double boiler on the stove if you’d like.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and eggs.
- Working quickly while the cheese is still hot, add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture. Knead with your hands, squeezing through your fingers, until a uniform dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball. If it’s sticky, chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, just until slightly cool to the touch but not stiff or frigid cold. (This is optional, only if it’s too sticky to work with.)
- Cut the dough ball into 6 sections, like a pie. Take one piece, roll into a ball, then shape with your hands into a flatbread shape, about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick.
- Bake the naan in the oven for about 8 to 11 minutes, until a few golden brown spots form, but slightly before it looks fully done. If any bubbles form, pop them with a fork to flatten.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the butter, garlic powder and fresh parsley. Brush over the naan.
- Return the naan to the oven for about 2 more minutes, until more golden brown.
NURITIONS Amount Per Serving