Keto Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
This keto Mexican casserole is like a low carb shepherd’s pie with a Mexican twist! Spicy ground beef topped with a cheesy mashed potato-like topping make this a super delicious and comforting dish.
Ingredient for Keto Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 lb 85% Ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning, divided
- 2 Cups Riced cauliflower
- 1 Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, grated and packed (divided)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 4 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Olives green, for garnish
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Heat a large, oven-safe pan on medium high heat and cook the beef until no longer pink. Add in 2 tsp of the taco seasoning and cook another minute. Transfer to a bowl. Do not wipe out the pan.
- Add the cauliflower rice and the pepper directly to the pan and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tsp of taco seasoning and cook another minute
- Add the beef back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (only 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese), except the cilantro, and stir until the cream cheese melts and everything is combined.
- Bring a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, just until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake until bubbly, about 15 mins.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and olives green! (Optional, I didn’t add green olives)