Keto Chicken Enchilada
When you are on the keto diet and have a taste for Mexican food, these Keto chicken enchiladas are ideal. It’s a household favorite even among people who don’t follow a low-carb diet.It is therefore a fantastic choice for quick weeknight meals or when you need a dish for a big gathering.It can also be included in your keto meal planning rotation because it freezes well.
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Enchilada
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2.5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese Or Pepper Jack cheese
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces canned diced green chillies
- 10 low carb tortillas
- Cook chicken by preferred method, boil, bake, or using a rotisserie chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Add the cooked chicken to a bowl and shred with a fork if it needs to shred. Add 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese Or Pepper Jack cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese to the bowl and mix well so everything is combined.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and taco seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. DO NOT bring to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat.
- In each tortilla shell add in some chicken and cheese mixture roll up and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Leave a Comment