Keto cauliflower balls easy and delicious
Keto cauliflower balls, These cauliflower balls are a great way to turn leftover cauliflower mash into a tasty side dish, appetizer or even a snack for the children.
We took our leftover cauliflower mash and added a mixture of 02 cheeses, formed them into balls, using almond flour for a crispy coating. Baked until golden these were a great low carb side dish for dinner or lunch.
Ingredients for Keto cauliflower balls
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cups Cauliflower riced
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ⅓ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the oil and cauliflower rice. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, until the cauliflower has softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the cream cheese, until melted.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to a mixing bowl and add the mozzarella and parmesan. Stir gently then leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the egg yolks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion out the cauliflower mix and shape into balls using wet hands.
- Gently roll through the crumb mixture, then place onto the prepared cookie sheet – we got 12 balls
- Spray the balls with olive oil cooking spray then bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with Keto Marinara Sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy