Keto Boston Cream Pie
Keto Boston Cream Pie uses rich yellow cake, an incredibly simple custard filling, and chocolate ganache to create a delightful, traditional dessert that is low in carbs.
Ingredients for Keto Boston Cream Pie
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used erythritol
- 4 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 batch keto custard
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease two 8-inch cake pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, granulated sweetener, and vanilla extract until glossy and smooth. Gently fold through the dry ingredients until completely combined.
- Distribute the cake batter evenly amongst the two cake pans. Bake the cakes for 25-27 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool completely. While it is cooling prepare the keto custard.
- Once the custard is set, use a hand mixer to blend it until smooth. Once smooth, layer the cake. Place the first cake on a flat surface and spread the custard all over it. Add the second layer of cake and spread with the chocolate frosting. Refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes, to firm up