Keto blueberry lemon bread with almond flour
This keto blueberry lemon bread is so moist and fluffy! It’s made with almond flour l, which makes it gluten free and grain free. We all loved the zesty lemon sponge and the fruity blueberry bursts. For some extra wow, top this low carb blueberry bread with a zingy sugar free lemon drizzle!
Ingridient for Keto blueberry lemon bread
- 2 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1 cup of sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 8 whole eggs
- 8 ounces of room temperature full-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of lemon extract
- 1/2 cup of room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen whole blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
Keto Lemon Glaze
- 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment paper a 10X5 inch loaf pan or two 6 inch loaf pans. (note if using two smaller pans check for doneness at 35-minute mark)
- In a medium-sized bowl measure then sift the almond flour. To the sifted flour add the baking powder, sea salt, and stir. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand-held mixer or stand-up mixer blend the butter, cream cheese, and sugar substitute until the mixture is light fluffy.
- Next add the 8 eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape the bowl several times.
- Add the lemon extract and lemon zest.
- To the wet batter add the dry ingredients and combine until well-incorporated.
- Fold the blueberries into the bread batter.
- Spread the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before taking it out of the pan. Then let the pan cool on a baking rack for at least 60 minutes before adding the icing, refrigerating, or freezing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks
Keto Lemon Glaze
- To make the lemon glaze imply combine the confectioner’s sugar substitute, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest, and heavy whipping cream. Stir until fully incorporated.