Keto Pizza stuffed peppers
Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers are a great way to enjoy the flavors of a pizza, but on a low-carb pepper instead of a crust. This “pizza” is perfect for a quick lunch or snack.
Ingridient for Keto Pizza stuffed peppers
- 3 medium bell peppers
- ¾ cup sugar-free pizza sauce I use Rao’s
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Your choice of toppings (I use pepperoni and olives)
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a small rectangular rimmed baking dish with olive oil. The baking dish that I use is from Sur La Table. It measures 10 X 7 inches and holds about 2 quarts.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove their core and membranes. You can remove the stem or cut around it gently to leave it intact.
- Arrange the peppers in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Layer the filling: Spoon 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce into each bell pepper half. Top with 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella, 2 more tablespoons of sauce, and finish with 2 more tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Add your toppings. I like to use pepperoni (2-3 slices per pepper half) and sliced black olives.
- Lightly spray the peppers with olive oil. Bake, uncovered, until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted, 20-30 minutes. Allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving.