Keto cream cheese frosting
This keto cream cheese frosting is thick, creamy, and has just a touch of sweetness. And it holds its shape incredibly well, making it the perfect frosting for a variety of keto desserts. Plus, you only need 4 ingredients, and it takes under 5 minutes to make! So, as far as easy keto cream cheese frosting recipes go, this has got to take the cake – the cupcake that is. Oh, and it has 0 NET CARBS per serving too!
Ingridient for Keto cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated so it doesn’t get blown into the air.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then bring to room temperature before using.
The organic cream cheese I used when making this originally has less than 1g carbs per ounce so the entire recipe whipped came out to less than .5g per serving. Since most people are using Philly or other store brands with 2g carbs per ounce, I’ve updated the nutrition info to show 1g carbs per serving.